Around the beginning of the 18th century a battery was installed under the direction of Nicolas van Beek. After the robbery of the French privateer Cassard in 1713, the battery was developed into a fortress. In addition to the fort, this location had also been an important anchorage place. During the field investigation in 2019, an Old Admirality Longshank Anchor was found at this location. This anchor dates from the 18th and 19th centuries. The Admiralty Longshank Anchor fall under the category of Stock Anchor.