History On 27. September 1899, the steam-tug Hendricka from Emden ran aground on Süderoogsand. The crew of 6 men was reportedly evacuated to the save-room in the Süderoogsand beacon. Description Status The wrecksite was hitherto situated close to an edge subject to coastal erosion and in 2007 no longer visible at low tide. Thus, the wrecksite appears to have been reclaimed by the sea.