At 14.00 hours on 15 Feb, 1940, the Den Haag was torpedoed and sunk by U-48.
The 13 survivors in one lifeboat were picked up by the British steam merchant Glen Orchy.
The other two lifeboats with bodies were later found adrift and some bodies were washed ashore on the French coast.
Built: Friedr. Krupp A.G., 'Germaniawerft', Kiel, (D), 1925
Owner: Petroleum Industrie Maatschappij (PIM), Den Haag (v.a. 1937)
Propulsion: 2x Krupp Germania motoren van 1400 p.k
Complement: 39, 26 casualties
Master : C. Wijker